Custom made socks are socks that you can get made according to your needs, whether itâ€™s in terms of color, design, size, model or textile.
Custom socks can be made for various uses, whether itâ€™s for colleges, sports teams, promotional items, family reunions, bands, etc â€¦
They are usually available in three models: The short ones are ankle socks, which are also called quarter socks and can be found in a couples variations (one being shorter than the other). Crew socks are normal calf-length socks. As for knee-high socks they are knee-length socks that are mainly used for team sports.
Before ordering customized socks, you should consider the following points:
– If the socks you need are for dress, work or casual purpose, you can just get a fabric that is comfortable and donâ€™t need to worry about something else. However, if you need socks for a sport, you should be careful: you need socks that are durable and comfy, whether itâ€™s hot, cool or humid and, most importantly, that can prevent blisters. As a result, you should order technical socks, which contrary to cotton, have a wick-moisture away capability that protects from blisters; if you are interested in technical details, quality technical socks should be made of 85% Ultra Wicking Acrylic, 10% Spadex and 5% Nylon.
– While, regarding the model, you should do your homework and know what you want, especially if itâ€™s for a sport team, you should also make sure that these socks are 100% customizable: you should be able to get your logo and/or text of your choice on any side of the sock and, also, be able to pick the color you want.
– When it comes to turn over time, it should take up to 8 weeks, which leaves you enough time to plan ahead. Most manufacturers deliver between 3 and 8 weeks.
– As for the price, it mostly depends on the quantity. To get an idea, most services charge a minimum of $5.50 per pair with minimum quantities between 100 and 300 pairs however you can probably find lower or higher prices. Manufacturers usually donâ€™t give their prices online and you will need to contact them â€“ here is a tip: contact them by e-mail to avoid any sales pitch and avoid sites that encourage you to call. Here is another essential tip about prices that you should take into consideration: most companies charge a set-up fee that they donâ€™t include when they give you a price per pair. As a result, the price per unit is higher than what they tell you; rather go for companies that do not charge any set-up fee so you know what the real price is!Â
– Finally, and maybe this doesnâ€™t matter to you, but some companies take advantage of cheap foreign labor with poor working conditions; if you donâ€™t want to endorse this, look for companies that clearly state where they are located.
Now that you have all these elements, you should be ready to find great custom socks â€¦